Wood County Commission
The Wood County Commission, comprised of three elected officials, oversees operations of county government including all purchasing and budgeting, correspondence with state and federal government, and hearings for Wood County residents.
The Commission terms are to be held on Mondays and Thursdays from 9:30 A.M until finished.
To request an appointment or hearing with the Wood County Commission, contact the County Administrator’s office at (304) 424-1984.
The County Commission of Wood County meets on the second floor of the historical courthouse in room 203 located at #1 Court Square Parkersburg, WV 26101
- Create and authorize the county’s annual budget including approval of purchase orders and payment vouchers
- Set the levy rate for property taxes
- Administering and maintaining the county courthouse in Parkersburg, WV
- Overseeing the voting process and certifying the results
- Presides over probate hearings
- Select members for county boards and public service districts
- Approve ordinances in areas of jurisdiction as prescribed by law
County Administrator Marty Seufer
The Wood County Administrator’s office is responsible for assisting the County Commission with its duties necessary for the daily operation of Wood County government. The Administrator’s office keeps the Commissioners’ agenda up to date by scheduling appointments for those who need to meet with the Commission.
In addition to formatting the agenda, the office also keeps the minutes of each Commission meeting. They record motions, nominations, and all other activities that occur during a Commission meeting.
Following are additional responsibilities of the Office of County Administrator:
- County Depositories (orders, letters, etc.)
- Updating of records for insurance for county vehicles such as those used by the Sheriff’s Department, Assessor’s Office, E911, DRC, and Maintenance Department
- Building Permits
- Office of the Director of the Wood County Planning Commission
- Purchase Orders and other orders
David Blair Couch
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
Wood County Commission
#1 Court Square, Suite 205
Parkersburg, WV 26101
Administrator’s Office: (304) 424-1976
Planning: (304) 424-1976
Maintenance: (304) 424-1995
Building Permits: (304) 424-1988
Floodplain: (304) 420-0911