Wood County Commission
The Wood County Commission, comprised of three elected officials, oversees operations of county government including all purchasing and budgeting, correspondence with state and federal government, and hearings for Wood County residents.
The Commission terms are to be held on Mondays from 9:30 A.M. until 1:00 P.M. or until finished; the first Thursday of the month for planning meetings, and if needed, go over the agenda items; and on the third Thursday of the month for Probate, with the Prosecuting Attorney present if possible. The remaining Thursdays will be used as needed and if needed. Anytime there is a holiday on a Monday, the Commission will automatically meet on the Thursday of the same week.
To request an appointment or hearing with the Wood County Commission, contact the County Administrator's office at (304) 424-1984.
The County Commission of Wood County meets on the second floor of the historical courthouse located at #1 Court Square Parkersburg, WV 26101
- Create and authorize the county's annual budget including approval of purchase orders and payment vouchers
- Set the levy rate for property taxes
- Administering and maintaining the county courthouse in Parkersburg, WV
- Overseeing the voting process and certifying the results
- Presides over probate and estate hearings
- Select members for county boards and public service districts
- Approve ordinances in areas of jurisdiction as prescribed by law