How to Register to Vote
There are five ways to register to vote in Wood County:
- Register in person at the Wood County Courthouse located at 1 Court Square, Parkersburg. Bring a valid West Virginia driver's license or State issued ID with the correct address, and registration is completed the same day. You must have proof of a physical address and not a Post Office Box.
- Register in person at the Courthouse and receive your registration card in 10 days if a valid WV driver's license or State issued ID is not available. Present one of the following to prove a Wood County address: current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or other government issued document that shows the name and address of the voter.
- Register by mail. Pick up a postcard registration application at most libraries or post offices or complete a West Virginia Voter Registration Application at the link below, and mail it to Wood County Clerk, PO Box 1474, Parkersburg, WV 26102. You will need to present identification the first time you go to vote.
Download Voter Registration Form
- Register at the Department of Motor Vehicles. When you obtain or update your driver's license, the DMV can electronically capture and transmit the information to register or update your voter registration.
- Register Online. If you have a valid West Virginia driver's license or State issued ID, you can register or update your voter registration online at https://ovr.sos.wv.gov/Register. This is a statewide system, and the information is transmitted to the appropriate County Clerk's Office. We will make the changes and send a letter and new registration card to you.
Please contact the Voter Registration Office at 304-424-1860 if you have any questions.